Monday, April 18, 2011

Romero Canyon in Catalina Mountains, Oro Valley, Arizona

This is a trial in the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona, Romero Canyon trial. The trial leads out of the Catalina State park and into the Coronado National Park. It's about a 4-5 hour hike if you go at my pace, I take a lot of breaks. Once you get to the pool area, you can relax and eat some lunch. Temperature was about 86F.



Yes, this is a Coral Snake

 

After hiking all day, we went to dinner at a restaurant called The Keg (Located in Oro Valley off of Tangerine Road), the fish is great, though they specialize in steak. Ice cream cake was complementary for my b-day.  Delicious! Just ate all the calories I just burned off from my hike. 

 

The next day, I went to an Art and Craft show and bought some agates and jasper. I love rocks and gemstones. I can't get enough of them. 

ThunderEgg, Tombstone, Arizona

Lace Agate from Mexico

Picture Jasper Rhyolite from Cordero Mine, McDermiit, Nevada

These rocks were purchased from an Art and Craft Show in Tucson, Arizona from Dave's Fine Gems and Jewelry, owener David Somonick, Tucson Arizona.







@2010 Diane Schamp

No comments:

Post a Comment